Wednesday 1 April 2015

The inevitable has happened

Meet Lola, the 13 week old pug who has entered my life and turned it upside down, but in a good way.
Lola
She isn't the first pug in my life. Bart was the first. I was a teenager when mum brought him home. I remember the first time I saw him, he was snorting his way round the kitchen, his huge eyes bulging from the sockets, curly tail showing off his butt (how embarrasing) and I turned to my mum and told her I was having nothing to do with it. I thought he was ugly and I wasn't having him ruin my street cred.

But Bart had other ideas. I can tell you it wasn't long before he'd muscled his way into my heart which is where he'll stay, forever. Sadly Bart is no longer with us but it is because of him that I now have Lola. Once a Pug Lover, always a Pug Lover. 

I've heard people with new puppys tell tales of love at first sight, as soon as they laid eyes on their puppy they knew they had to have it. Well lucky them! 

I had two puppies to choose from. The smaller one was a little bit shy to begin with and soooo cuddly. As I gazed into her beautiful, sleepy eyes I thought this is it, she's the one. Then in charges Lola. Full of beans and oozing with confidence she ran straight over to my 12 year old son, jumping all over him as he attempted to stroke her wriggly body. Her parents were snoozing nearby and she couldn't help herself, she just had to nip their backsides as she passed, mouth wide open and jumping with excitement as they expressed their annoyance. She'd been in the room for only two minutes and already she had us all howling with laughter. 

I was torn, I couldn't decide which pug to take - the cute little cuddle bunny or the cheeky, excitable one. 

Both my son and my mum had fallen for Lola and after an hour I realised it was time to accept the fact that there was absolutely no way I'd get away with smuggling the second pug out in my handbag, so I had to choose. I figured a dog with that much energy and charisma had to be reasonably healthy so we scooped her up (once we'd caught her), promised the breeder we'd keep in touch and began the journey home. 

And so it begins .... Living with Lola .... Next installment coming very soon ....



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment